These are my top picks based on my month in N/Z on the top things to see and do – enjoy!
10. Take a scenic drive up to The Bay of Islands the scenery will blow you away.
9. Wander around the beautiful city of Auckland; take a walk down by the harbour.
8. Hot Water Beach – if it is still fun in the wind and rain I can only imagine how awesome it can be in summer.
7. White Water Rafting – it is real action packed fun from the car journey to the rapids.6. Just visit the town of Rotorua – it has a lot to offer from volcanic activity and glaciers to a real N/Z friendly vibe, and Wai-O-Taupo is pretty spectacular.
5. Go Caving in Waitomo caves and find the undergrounds night sky.
4. Discover hot water spring in Taupo – the locals best kept secret.
3. Go Swimming with seals in Kaikoura – spend a day playing with theses inquisitive animals you may even be joined by the dolphins. I have never seen this anywhere else.
2. Go Bungee Jumping in Queenstown – not something I managed to do myself however everyone who has done it says it is incredible – you can jump tied to a deckchair.
1. Glacier walking – feel like a real mountaineer for the day and see the fabulous sites at Franz Joseph and Fox Glaciers.